Created by FireNotes, Inc. with EclipseCrossword by Green Eclipse Software — www.eclipsecrossword.com
2. (_____Breathing) An asymetrical chest wall movement caused by a defect (flail chest) that lessens respiratory efficiency.
4. Mechanical process that moves air in and out of the lungs.
6. To take foreign material into the lungs during inhalation.
7. The point at which the trachea bifurcates into the right and left mainstem bronchi.
9. The movement of a gas from an area of higher partial pressure to an area of lower partial pressure concentration.
12. A collapse of the alveoli, which in turn decreases ventilatory effectiveness.
14. Reduced partial pressure of oxygen in the blood.
16. A defect in the chest wall that allows for free movement of a segment, causing paradoxical chest wall movement.
18. A membrane lining many of the body cavities that handle air transport, usually containing small, mucus-secreting glands.
19. To pass a tube into the opening of the body.
20. The amount of air inhaled and exhaled in one minute; respiratory rate time the tidal volume.
1. Hair-like fibers projecting from the cells that propel mucus.
3. The microscopic air sacs where the oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange takes place.
5. Open; not obstructed.
8. The exchange of gases between a living organism and its environment.
10. (Pulmonary _____) Blood clot or other thrombus in the pulmonary circulation that adversely affects oxygenation of the blood.
11. The process of generating speech and other sounds.
13. The act of retching or striving to vomit; a normal reflex triggered by touching the soft palate or the throat.
15. A thick, slippery secretion that functions as a lubricant and protects various surfaces.
17. A wall that divides a chamber into two cavities.